Welcome to Book That In! We're excited to work with you, to save you time and help you to grow your business.
Please follow the 'Create Company' wizard in Book That In to set up your business on Book That In.
The video, presented by Tim, co-founder of Book That In, guides you through the initial steps of setting up your company on the platform.
The video covers creating an account, and the various settings and options within the system for companies:
Below the video you will find an explanation for each of the different fields in the Create Company wizard.
Step by Step Explanation of Each Option in the Company Set Up Process:
- Enter Business Address:
- This is your main correspondence address.
- It could be a head office or home address for sole traders, but should not be a venue address for events if that location isn't your a permanent site for you.
- You have three choices here:
- Leave blank if unsure and come back to it later.
- Booking Questions:
- Default Fields at top:These are hard-coded options which you can switch on or off.
- Typically, these fields will be mandatory fields.
- Where required, set them as waiting list fields (questions for those who join the waiting list).
- Participant Name:
- This is the only field you must include on your booking form when your customers book.
- It denotes who will attend your event, course or appointment.
- By default, the name is set to "Participant," but it can be changed depending on context, e.g., Child's name or Business's name.
- Custom Questions:
- Businesses can add custom questions based on their needs.
- You should limit questions to those absolutely necessary to prevent customer drop-off.
- Example: you might use a Custom Field to ask for a child's date of birth.
- For each custom question:
- You can make it mandatory.
- You can make it a data protection field which will appear as a checkbox at the bottom of you form (e.g. Opt in to marketing emails).
- Choose the type of input: single line text, multi-line text, drop-down, checkbox, date-time picker, or date picker.
- Choose the field level: Booking level (asked once per booking) or Participant level (asked once per participant).
- Choose if it should be a waiting list field.
- Example: "Opt-in to marketing emails" can be set as a data protection field and added to the waiting list field.