If you or a franchisee sell your business, you will want to transfer the Book That In account to the new business owner, so that they have access to all customer and historic booking data.
This is the process for switching a Book That In account to a new Franchisee:
- On the date of change of ownership:
- You switch the owner of the Book That In Company Account to the new owner/franchisee. This can be done in one of 2 ways:
- The old franchisee sets the new franchisee as the owner of the Stripe Account (see https://support.stripe.com/questions/change-the-owner-of-a-stripe-account)
- The new franchisee may then need to change the bank account on the Stripe account, if they are using a different bank account.
If payments come in before the switch over that are for the new owner/franchisee, they will need to invoice the old owner/franchisee for those funds.
- Here are the step-by-step instructions when you're ready to make the switch:
- The 'old' franchisee should change the email address and account owner details at on their BTI account at: https://bookthatin.com/UserMetadata
- Then they should send the BTI password to the new franchisee, who would then login and change it at https://bookthatin.com/manage/changepassword
- The old franchisee should then login to their Stripe account and follow the instructions here: https://support.stripe.com/questions/transfer-account-ownership-to-an-individual-who-does-not-yet-have-access-to-the-account
- The new franchisee should, once they are the Stripe account owner, update the bank account in Stripe by following these instructions: https://stripe.com/docs/payouts#:~:text=You%20can%20update%20your%20account,External%20payout%20accounts%20and%20scheduling.