When you book services with a company via Book That In, you provide them the authority to send you various emails. While transactional emails like booking confirmations are essential, you might not be interested in receiving promotional emails.
Fortunately, Book That In provides an easy way to manage your email preferences.
Related Tutorial: How to Manage Your Customers' Email Opt-In and Opt-Out Settings
Different Kinds of Emails Sent Through Book That In:
- Transactional Emails: These are necessary emails related to your bookings, like confirmations and cancellations. You can't opt out of these as they're essential for communication.
- Promotional Emails: These could be marketing messages, updates about other events, or other non-essential communications from the business you booked with. While some users find these updates helpful, others might prefer not to receive them. You can opt out of these ad hoc messages - though please be warned, if you do opt out, you may miss out on critical emails sent by providers.
This video show you how to opt in and out of non-essential emails:
Steps to Manage Your Email Preferences:
- Opting Out through an Email:
- Open any email you've received from Book That In.
- Scroll to the bottom and locate the option that reads "Click here to manage your email opt-in settings". Click on this option.
- This might prompt you to log in. Once done, you'll see a list of companies you've booked with through Book That In.
- Choose the "Unsubscribe" option for companies you'd like to opt out from or "Re-subscribe" to opt back in.
- Opting Out through Your Account:
- Visit your main login page on Book That In.
- Navigate to "Personal" and then to "My Account".
- Look for an option labeled "Email Opt-ins" and click on it.
- In the same way to the email method above, you can then toggle your preferences for each company – either "Re-subscribe" or "Unsubscribe".
Taking control of your email preferences ensures that you receive only the communications you deem essential. Remember, even after unsubscribing from promotional emails, you'll still get crucial transactional emails related to your bookings.
If you have further questions or require assistance, reach out to email@example.com.