What should you do if you have a customer who wants to book after their free trial and you have sent the automated follow up email - but they are saying that they didn't receive it?
Why Might This Happen?
In the vast majority of cases, the system will have attempted to send the email. If the customer cannot see it, then the email may have gone to their junk/spam folder, or it may have been rejected by their server for some reason.
What Can You Do?
There are several things you can try:
- Ask the customer to check their Spam or Junk folders.
Sometimes email providers have 'Newsletter', 'Clutter' or 'Notifications' folders too, and an automated system email like this one could be automatically filtered into any of these.
- Re-send the 'Trial Attended' Notification Email.
Go to the attendance register for this booking, switch their attendance for the trial to No and then back to Yes again. Make sure you tick the box that says 'Send Trial Attended Emails' before clicking 'Process'.
- Ask Them To Book as Normal via your website or booking page
- If there are spaces available: Your customer will be able to book as normal and the system will sort itself out (i.e. match the booking to the trial)
- If the event/class is now full: Once your customer is logged in, the system will recognise that they have a trial and will allow them to book, even though it is full. If they aren't logged in, they will only see the 'Join Waiting List' option, but after clicking that, the system will ask them to log in and will give them the option to book.